Top 20 Essential Questions to Ask Your Medicare Insurance Agent
for Clear Guidance
1. What is Medicare, and how does it help people like me?
2. What are the different parts of Medicare, like Part A, B, C, and D, and what do they cover?
3. How much does Medicare cost, and are there any extra costs I should know about?
4. Can you help me understand the differences between Original Medicare and
5. Which doctors and hospitals can I go to with the Medicare plan you’re suggesting?
6. What prescription drugs are covered by Medicare, and how much will I need to pay for them?
7. Are there any programs that can help me with my Medicare costs, like Medicaid or Extra Help?
8. How do I enroll in Medicare, and when is the best time to do it?
9. Can I keep my current health insurance if I enroll in Medicare?
10. What happens if I need long-term care or nursing home services? Does Medicare cover that?
11. What’s the difference between a premium and a deductible, and how do they affect my costs?
12. Can you explain the “coverage gap” or “donut hole” in Medicare Part D prescription drug plans?
13. How can I make sure my current medications are covered by the Medicare plan you recommend?
14. What should I do if I move to a different state? Will my Medicare plan still work?
15. Can you help me understand how Medicare can work with other insurance I might have, like employer coverage or VA benefits?
16. What is a “Medigap” or Medicare Supplement plan, and do I need one?
17. Are there any wellness programs or preventive services that are part of my Medicare plan?
18. What should I do if I have a problem with my Medicare coverage or a billing issue?
19. Can you provide me with a simple summary of the plan you’re recommending,
20. Is there anything else I should know about Medicare that we haven’t discussed?
These questions cover a range of important topics related to Medicare, and asking them can help you make informed decisions about your healthcare coverage.