Medicare insurance is a crucial health benefit for many seniors, but the constant barrage of telemarketing calls can be overwhelming. In this article, we will explore various tips to help stop those annoying calls and regain control over your phone and privacy.
Medicare telemarketers often target seniors out of the blue. They might tell you that you asked them for more information, but maybe you didn’t! They are hoping to change your Medicare insurance, and that may not be a good idea. These calls can be annoying, disrupt your day, and sometimes even misleading. Since 2020, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services has received a higher number of complaints many of them coming from misleading telemarketing.
To stop those phone calls from people talking about Medicare insurance, you can do these things:
1. Put your phone number on the “Do Not Call” list. This is a list where you can put your phone number on it to say “Hey, don’t call me unless I want you to!” You can do this on a website called donotcall.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222. This helps stop calls from people you don’t want to talk to.
2. If someone calls you about Medicare insurance and you don’t want to talk to them, you can ask them nicely to not call you again. They have to listen and stop calling you.
3. Don’t tell them your secret information, like your Medicare or Social Security number, on the phone unless you know for sure it’s someone you can trust.
4. Your phone might have a way to stop these calls. You can use it to stop those annoying calls or send them to your voicemail.
5. If someone keeps calling you and won’t listen when you say to stop, you can tell the people who make the rules about this. You can do that by going to a website called ftccomplaintassistant.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222.
6. Make sure the people calling you about Medicare insurance are real. You can check by contacting Medicare directly or visiting their official website.
7. There are special apps or machines that can help you block calls from people you don’t want to talk to. They can help you stop those annoying calls.
Dealing with those Medicare insurance callers can be annoying, but using these steps can help you take back your phone and keep your secrets safe. Just remember to stay watchful, tell the right folks about the bad calls, and use the tools that can stop those unwanted calls, so you can have a calm and happy time in your golden years.